Thursday, July 24, 2014

$2 Placemats as Instant Art?

This is a plastic placemat from Wal-Mart...
Yep, I saw it last week and loved the hydrangeas.
And blue, anything blue this year.

At first I almost left it.
I am not a plastic placemat gal.
But the graphic was big and too pretty.
So I instantly thought... outdoor garden art right?
It is light  and somewhat outdoor material.
It would fade, but I would get a summer out of it.
Then I remembered the blue birdhouse is the same blue.
I just love that little birdhouse.
So I have a blue theme going now.
 Plus it has my postcard/word theme going...
I just love this style.
 So I have this collection of metal picture holders... what do you call those?
Anyway... wha-laa!
Instant Art... for $2!
 Best thing is... I cannot break it.  It is Brooke proof.
See I have to get to that window to close the blinds.
So if I knock it over.. oh well.
 On the other side is another of my art solutions... a metal sign.
Vintage garden themed of course.
 I change out the stuff around my desk every few weeks.. but I gotta tell you.
I like this idea of using placemats as Art.
It could have easily been framed... and in this house... it still could be!

Update...
I found a source online for this and more patterns...

Here were a few that caught my eye...







So maybe swing by the kitchen section at your Wal-Mart...
you never know what you may find!
xxx....Brooke
Looking to share your own home and garden posts?
Add them to my Home Sweet Garden Party every Tuesday!
Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 
Don't blog?  That's okay!! 
You can get inspired by all the shares and featured posts. 
It all happens right here at 

4 comments :

  1. Wow, who would have ever expected to find such a thing at Walmart? Great eye!! Great find... :-)

    Lory
    Designthusiasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never scoff at a plastic place mat again!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!! You can also frame them and hang them!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features tonight at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to tonight's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/08/anything-blue-friday-week-66.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Happy Weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!