Monday, June 2, 2014

Home Sweet Garden Party {6/3}



Hello there!
Welcome to the Home Sweet Garden Party!
I am so glad you have joined us!
 Things are really feeling like summer here at the lake.
Especially since the girls are out of school now.
Today I am sharing my wildflower bed down by the road.
This area kept washing out and grass would not grow easily.
So I added the rocks and made a wildflower bed about 6 years ago.
It is a bit of a mess.
I do not even try to weed it.
Except maybe thistle and poison ivy...
I let it all grow for the bees, birds and butterflies.
I leave all the seedpods on for winter food for the birds.
Years ago I mulched it, but now I just chop it all down in late winter.
I love how natural it is.
We live in an area with huge open fields that bloom similar to this.
We have tons of wildflowers we see on our walks and four-wheeler rides.
I love all the movement and texture.
Most of it is all the grasses that have self seeded.
I have fought them for years, and I have waved the white flag.
My perennials in here are established enough to fight it out.
And anything small is long gone anyway. 
I love the look of the house in the background.
Most people who pass by never see the roses or daylilies or the thousand other things I grow.
But they see these wildflowers and can enjoy them when they are blooming.
I hope you did too!

Okay.... wow do I have some beautiful things to show you!

If I shared your post this week feel free to grab a button for your blog!

Here are this weeks features....


Aiken House and Garden's Little Garden Helper

IMG_3195
Fishtail Cottage's Garden Update

Three Dogs Farmhouse's Outside Garden Tour

Serendipity Refined's Blue and White Summer Patio

irisAA17
Back Porch Musing's Jardins d'Iris
The Garden | Cottage at the Crossroads
Cottage at the Crossroad's Evolution of a Garden

Last week's party was the biggest of the yet with 38 entries!
Lets keep sharing, I loving all these beautiful posts.
Remember I would love it if you would add me to your party lists or sidebars
to let others know about this new link party!

_________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower!
~Brooke~

13 comments :

  1. I don't have a garden post up yet, so won't be able to join you, if I don't get it up today I will see you next week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are all so crisp and clear, and the features were all great. First time to join in the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feature, Brooke. Thank you for hosting. I am enjoying all the pretty garden pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting Brooke. Joined in your fun party this week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great features, all, Brooke! This is a wonderful display of garden, and I look forward to when I have posts to share, too. This week it's containers for me. I have some great blooms going on in the landscape right now, too - need to get out and capture another post! Thanks, Brooke, for hosting us all, and have a great week.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke,
    Thank you for your sweet visit and invitation today, dear one!!!
    I love your wildflower garden!!!
    We grow select plantings here on the Prairie for the birds, bees, and the "resident bunny".
    "Mr. Ed" is the official Gardener, I orchestrate all the plantings!
    I would love to see more of the plantings along your lovely home. . .especially the arbor!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for featuring me ~ great party!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely party Brooke! Thanks so much for inviting me over. Your place and the features you chose from your last party are so inviting! I could just camp out here for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. honored to be featured! thank you so very much! love your party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the features!
    Thanks so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wildflower gardens. Yours is lovely Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The roses are beautiful this year aren't they? Mine are going crazy. Looks lovely at your house!
    Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!