Sunday, June 15, 2014

For The Love Of Annabelle....

 Annabelle Hydrangeas that is!
Hello dear readers...
 Happy Father's Day!
 Today we are at the little island bed.
Looking at a young Annabelle Hydrangea.
 This one has been in the garden a couple of years.
 But it is doing wonderful.
 Annabelles are a wonderful performing old fashioned bloomer.
They are a medium to large shrub that require little care once established.
They only bloom once, but blooms last for several weeks.
They can take a bit of sun, but do best in shade in the midwest.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your families.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower!
~Brooke~

6 comments :

  1. Your hydrangeas are lovely. We have light purple ones and they are giving us sumptuous blooms on this beautiful Father's Day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hydrangeas! They are so pretty! But I must say...I love me some Annebelle! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, for a moment I thought I was looking a southern plantation! I am particularly fond of Annabelle hydrangeas. That was my mother's name. She told me she always hated her name, but she changed her mind when I told her I read that it was French for "beautiful woman." After she passed away I planted several Annabelle hydrangeas in my own garden, and I think of her and her beautiful name when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely hydrangeas - usually I have noticed these flowers in purple but never white. Beautiful. Found you through History and Home link up where I post history articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hydrangea! I just bought 3 but I'm having trouble deciding where to plant them, as my yard is so sunny and hot! Thanks for joining the History & Home link party, take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!