Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beautiful Day in the Garden....

Hello sweet dears...
The sun has finally came back out today!
We have had tons of rain this week...
Good for most of the garden...
But the roses are suffering... sniff...sniff...
Blackspot has sown its ugly head...
But today we are taking a look at the country style mixed borders...
Along the front porch walkway.
Here most anything goes...
So I have lots of different colors and textures.
I love the vistas in a garden... the long view...
My young japanese maple is filling out nicely this season.
My mophead hydrangeas are not blooming {much} this year.
The horrid winter got the best of them...
Died to the ground.
They bloom on old wood...
So they came up with new growth, but few blooms.
But this area is more about foliage anyway.
Lots of variegation and dramatic dark contrasts.
Soft white drifts of yarrow are welcome...
The light pink spiderwart is so delicate.
June is so beautiful in the garden.
It seemed this garden year was so long awaited...
I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible.
Okay, that was a bunch of pictures!
Thanks so much for visiting...
I have so much more to share!
So make sure you are a follower so you don't miss anything.
xxx....Brooke

1 comment :

  1. That is a lovely Maple. I grow mine mostly in barrels, although there are some in the ground. Autumnal colour is beautiful.
    Shame about the hydrangea, still there is always next year....here hoping you have a milder winter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!