Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Reason To Be Thankful....


 Hello my dear readers...
 It is has been a beautiful weekend here at the lake....
 Miley and I wanted to share a few pictures with you today.
 The gardens are just bursting with summer blooms.
 I have been trying to enjoy it as much as possible this week.
 Taking short walks...
 And spending time on the porch swing...
Reading a book for a bit...
And looking for new opening blooms...
But mostly this has been a week of rest...
A week of healing...
 And rest.... much needed rest....
The projects, weeding and everything else like the potting bench redo is on hold....
Because this is what happened on Wednesday morning...
Yes, this is my Equinox... or what is left of it.
I was hit by a driver that ran a red light.
I was going to the grocery store...
Thank God I am okay...
Shook up and sore... but on the mend.

I have some neck and back pain...
and a very bruised hip.. but it could have been much worse.

So today I am thankful...
Taking it easy... 
and feeling a little better each day.
xxx....Brooke

9 comments :

  1. Oh My Brooke!! How terrifying. I am thankful to hear that you are alright. You are blessed to be just one sore lady with the looks of your car. Rest and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Brooke! So thankful for you being spared from anything worse than what you experienced (am I'm sure that is bad enough!). I hope you have no lingering problems from this accident. Blessings for a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very scary. Glad you're okay. I don't comment very often, but I do love your gardens! Thanks for sharing their beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Heaven you are okay, Brooke! I'm sorry that happened, hope you'll feel all better soon. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful photos at History & Home. I love your roses, especially! I dream of turning my blank yard into a lovely garden like yours. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!! That was a close call!! Your yard is absolutely beautiful. So very lush! Visiting from Imparting Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New here! First of all thank goodness you're ok after that hit! Second, your garden is beautiful! You have a have a beautiful home too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is beautiful! Very thankful you are ok!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Brooke! I'm so glad you're o.k! These little cars can't take too much! Your garden looks amazing - so beautiful and tranquil! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Brooke! I am glad your alright. Thanks for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!