Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The White Corner of the Front Gardens

 Hello dear friends!
Nice to have you visit today.
It is hot and humid here.
We've had some bad storms and have shut the windows and kicked on the air.
Luckily no damage... just wind and lots of rain. 
Today I wanted to talk about the white blooms in the front gardens.
Especially this old fashioned white hearty geranium.
Isn't it lovely?
It only blooms in the spring.. but it will be covered for weeks.
I love white flowers.
And when this all blooms it is just so pretty.
Old fashioned peonies are divine.
Japanese Irises dance in the breeze.
They are so delicate looking.
This corner is easily seen from the road.
So I try to have some dramatic things like this 'Champagne Elegance' hybrid bearded iris.
Later the white yarrow, daylilies and roses will be blooming here.
The tree is a white rose of sharon... yes... it is all white!
I love how they all bloom at once.
We can see this area from the porch swing.
And yes, it is pretty how you notice white blooms of an evening.
A look towards the porch.
But I just love white in a garden.
And from farther back around the house.
To the right you can see a variegated weigela blooming a very light pink.
I just love weigela shrubs!
The burgundy one beside it is a 'Wine and Roses' weigela shrub.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower too!
~Brooke~

2 comments :

  1. wowwwwwwwwwwwww. You have a beautiful yard filled with color and life.Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Your participation helps to make it extra special ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small corner as my white garden - I think we all should have a special spot like that! I do appreicate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!