Friday, April 25, 2014

Old Fashioned Bridal Wreath Spirea

 Hello Dear Readers...  Happy Friday!
Today I am sharing a lovely Spring blooming shrub...
Old Fashioned Bridal Wreath Spirea.
It is a mass of white blooms for about two weeks every spring.
They are so delicate and tiny.... like miniature roses.
It is striking from a distance and it keeps a nice full shape.
 But it is the blooms that are so charming.
It is a good see-thru accent shrub.
And it makes a great backdrop for the pink magnolia blooms.
In the summer it is a nice full green backdrop.
Bridal Wreath Spirea is getting to be harder to find in nurseries.
But it is well worth the effort to search for it.

Mine is about 5 years old.
It was another small start from the garden club sale.
It was dug up from a local garden in my area.
I haven't tried to get a start from mine yet...
But I just might this fall.


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!
My Facebook Page--- My latest posts and so much more!
Now with over 8,000 members!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
My Garden Themed Weekly Link Party, every Tuesday right here!

7 comments :

  1. I love this shrub, I grew up by an old Victorian farmhouse and this was one of the foundation plantings. It is a memory in my childhood that I love!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for inviting me to join your linky garden party. I have started following you on bloglovin so I can keep up and would love to join your party in the future. You have a beautiful home and garden. I would love it if you would follow my blog too!
    Penny
    www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful Brooke. So is your magnolia. Mine got its blooms snowed on and froze this year. Brown blooms are not so pretty. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blossoms they are so beautiful flowering right down the stem as they do!
    Enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke! Visiting from History & Home Link Party. I love this shrub, just saw so many of them in full bloom a few weeks ago while visiting my family in S. Georgia. My North Texas soil and summer heat is so rough on flowering plants, but my mom said the bridal wreath might work well in my landscape. I'm hoping to plant a few maybe next spring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke I will feature this post tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!