Monday, April 7, 2014

Home Sweet Garden Party {4/8}

Welcome back to this weeks "Home Sweet Garden" party!
We've had some warm pretty days here in Indiana and you can tell it in the landscape.
I am so happy the garden is coming back quickly.
Hubby thinks he will even get the tractor out to mow by the weekend.
I am in love with these pure white crocuses.
I will be planting more down this side of the house.
We spent the weekend cleaning up beds and power washing the siding.
(this was taken before we did it)
White houses + gravel roads = Work
But white blooms are just plain fun!

You know what else is fun?
Looking at all the great featured we have this week!

These are in no particular order...

  

Simply Sophisticated 'Spring In Sight'

Bluebird Canyon 'The Green Door'

crib turned herb garden cynthiaweber.com

Bernie's Tea Time Blog's 'Tea In The Garden'

If I have featured you feel free to grab this badge!
You can add it to your post or your site if you wish.

Again, since this is a new party... I would really appreciate any reposts or mentions.
I want to get all the gardeners we can to join us!

Only two notes to mention...posts need to have a floral or garden theme...
(Home Decor, DIY, Repurposed is all welcome)
and please give a link back to me @
Lets get started!!



facebook twitter gplus pinterest
follow us in feedly
rss


13 comments :

  1. It was so sweet of you to feature my greenhouse flower bed....thank you so much! I picked up your party button to proudly display on my sidebar....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥You are so welcome! Love your posts Penny!! ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi Brooke, I'm linking up my two most recent landscape posts, which are really two parts: our original 2004 plan, and then the lessons learned over the last ten years. Happy to join, thank you for hosting, and I look forward to partying and 'sharing the dirt' with all the other gardeners. Just got all my liriope cut back, now assessing the damage from mean 'ol Mother Nature and her winter tantrum. Have a great week.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lost two roses and a couple evergreens. Mostly from wind and uplifting of my soil. It has been a hard spring too. Flooding and winds in the midwest. Hang in there!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are very welcome Debby! My pleasure!!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it amazing how quickly things change....my grass has turned green in just a few days.. Things are budding out and Spring blooms are all around.. I want am excited to get out into the yard and dig around.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was walking around Sunday looking at all the lilacs budding out. I have several babies that will bloom for the first time this year. I love it how it seems to happen overnight.... the garden just wakes up!

      Delete
  5. Hi Brooke... beautiful photos today... I especially love the view of the lake! We have such an antiquated internet here that I don't get to as many sites as i should and have been communicating on Facebook more... it takes forever for sites to open through blogger and is very frustrating... at any rate, wonderful to see you have spring... so very much damage here, but this is going to be a year with lots of garden redo and renewal... scared to death of the garden looking barren but once the deciduous trees leaf out, it will probably be ok... Larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry I cannot imagine how your garden will look barren! I am in awe of your collections. We need to chat on the phone again soon. I have been enjoying your pictures on FB this morning. Just inspiring. ♥

      Delete
  6. Thank you for featuring my Bernideen's "Tea In The Garden" post. I won't be starting that up quite yet but it is coming - hopefully in May! I always enjoy your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You home looks amazing, do you swim or fish in the lake? I joined your Tuesday link party!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot see my comment so I guessed I missed a button somewhere . I was asking if you use the lake for fishing and swimming?
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!