Monday, April 21, 2014

Home Sweet Garden Party {4/22}


 Welcome dear friends to this weeks "Home Sweet Garden" party!
I hope you all are enjoying the lovely spring weather we have been having.

It was the prettiest Easter we have had in ages.
It was in the mid 70s and it was almost hot in the late afternoon.
We were outside most of the day and 
the girls and I are all a bit sunburned.

We went to church for a brunch in the morning.
The afternoon we fiddled around here.
Then my parents came over for supper on the deck.
It was a wonderful way to spend the day.
So, lets talk about the garden a bit.
I am so happy to see my magnolia blooming.
This was a plant from the garden club sale a few years ago.
It was a tiny little stick someone dug up from a local garden.
But it has grown into a lovely small tree now.
This is the prettiest it has ever been.
I am deciding to let it be a shrub or trim it up to be a multi branched tree.
It will probably remove many of the stems you see here.
But after I enjoy all the lovely pink colors.

I am guessing this is a Jane Magnolia.
It is a semi-late bloomer each spring.
Can you tell I love pink.... this is Flowering Almond Shrub.
So delicate and beautiful.
A peek into the Rose Garden... where the only pink is the Magenta Bench right now.
But pink blooms will be here very soon!
This bed still needs some clean up, but wanted to share the daffodils and lilacs about to bloom
The view down to the lake.
We have been watching the water birds this week.
They are nesting and have been close to the house a few times.
It drives my dog crazy.
I have a bit of news... we will be looking for a new home for Reno.
My hubby has the fence and equipment sold already.
It will be coming down in a few weeks.
We have enjoyed having him, but he needs more time and attention than he is getting.
But mainly the pasture is not large enough for him and we decided not to build a barn this Spring.
If you have livestock, you need protection.
So if you know someone looking for a nice gelding in Indiana, email me.
One more shot of these cute little blooms...
Gosh I love SPRING!

Okay... lets see what other lovely shares we had this week!
Wow... they are just so pretty!!

(If you were featured please grab the cute button to show it off!)
Again... not in any order...

Sweet Penny's Spring Porch



Lovely Bernideen's Celebrating Hummingbirds

JP's Sweet Inspirations Garden Themed Party

Michael and Karen's New Zeland Adventure

IMG_1611
My Wonderful Friend Tracy's Gardening Over The Weekend Post

Lauriston Castle

Wow. Oh Wow... you guys are amazing.
Let's see what everyone is up to this week!


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!

My Facebook Page--- My latest posts and so much more!
Now with over 8,000 members!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

21 comments :

  1. What a wonderful party, I'm so glad to be joining it my friend. Thank yor having me.
    Have a great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun... so glad to have you too!

      Delete
  2. Sharing a little indoor herb garden in our window for this week. Thank you for choosing my garden party as one of your feature picks....I really appreciate it and your hosting this fun themed party!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including my spring porch with the other great features! Have a wonderful week....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love that pink hutch! I want one on my porch!

      Delete
  4. Hi Brooke, Happy Spring, and I am glad you had a lovely easter! Your home's setting is so beautiful with the lake and pasture; it must be very peaceful! I agree that your magnolia is Jane. My Jane is now a small tree about 15-20 feet tall; she grew fast from a small twig like yours once was. I love its bloom color of magenta with a white interior. By the way, I also love your magenta bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that color. I try to use it all around the garden... and in some of my favorite clothes I wear! ♥

      Delete
  5. It is amazing what a difference one week made in your garden! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could see it now... it is bursting with new blooms.

      Delete
  6. hey there! thanks for the feature! hugs to you - more tulips again this week! xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Love your garden... wish I lived close enough to visit!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the feature, and party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your magnolia reminds me of what folks around here in SC call a "tulip tree" - I wonder if they're the same thing, or at least related? Very pretty! Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home party, take care - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm heading back to the garden center to purchase that Flowering Almond Shrub I saw the other day. I had no ideas HOW BEAUTIFUL that plant gets until I saw your post today. Thank you for sharing and being the administrator of this fun Linky Party. - Bren

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thoroughly enjoying the garden the past couple of weeks! I loved seeing your flowers! Well I like any plant that's green! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great gardens are shown. Thanks so much I've been looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love spring too!~ Your flowers are gorgeous! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!