Monday, April 14, 2014

Home Sweet Garden {4/15}

Welcome back to this weeks "Home Sweet Garden" party!

Wow... another week has flown by!
That's how nice it has been with warmer days.
It has felt like Spring here at the lake.
But tonight there is a frost warning!
So after supper I will be dragging out the old sheets from the basement.
And covering a few of the flowering shrubs and hydrangeas.
You have to be careful not to do more damage than the frost when you walk in the beds.
But two years ago I lost most of my hydrangea blooms to a late frost.
So better safe than sorry.
But really, it has been so wonderful to see some things blooming!
And get things cleaned up and ready for tours.
Okay folks... are you ready for a few lovely garden and home tours?

Lets see this weeks featured posts!
Grab a logo if you are in this weeks line up!

Again, in no particular order...


The Garden Shed by Penny's Vintage Home


Redbud By My Favorite Things

Sunday Scripture by My Mountain Blessings

Country Table by Southern Seazons

Celebrating Lilacs by Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

Again, since this is a new party... I would really appreciate any reposts or mentions.
I want to get all the gardeners we can to join us!
Only two notes to mention...posts need to have a floral or garden theme...
(Home Decor, DIY, Repurposed is all welcome)
and please give a link back to me @
Lets get started!!




facebook twitter gplus pinterest
follow us in feedly
rss

16 comments:

  1. It is so sweet of you to feature my garden shed.....thank you! Have a wonderful week....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love your shed. Hope some day to have one like it! But for now my area is under the deck. ♥

      Delete
  2. Thank you for featuring my country table. I love your house and that to die for front porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jody! Loved your share!!

      Delete
  3. Your garden themed party is sure to be a hit...thank you for hosting it and I love your nice large link pics. It makes each one so much nicer to see. I hate those little, teenie tiny ones and the ones that have multiple pages of links. I will be looking forward to seeing you gardens in bloom and to your party each week.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Me too. I hate small pics! Welcome!!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Am I glad to have found your blog. I don't have many flowers yet, but spring is coming. Slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you join us! You can add a post from last summer. They don't have to be new. ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, Brooke, thank you for the feature, I really appreciate it! I was reading your most recent post on your linen finds (my sisters & I, who comprise Panoply, have serious linen crushes and purchase in bulk from estates and auctions whenever possible!), and then I saw yesterday's garden party. I have you on my blog reading roll now, so I hope to catch them at the start. As for the garden, one week of great weather and a good start, and snow today {smh}. There's a lot of damage from winter already and now this just adds insult to injury - praying for a damage-free night. I guess I'll wait till the weekend to put my first hummingbird feeder out. Thank you for hosting, and have a great Easter weekend.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Rita! So glad to connect with you girls!!

      Delete
  6. I love this time of year when everything starts to sprout up and the trees start to get that lacy effect that tiny leaves make on them. Looks like your garden is farther along than mine here in MN. Just a few sprouts to watch here. Can't hardly wait for things to warm up so I can get my hands dirty.

    Your house and garden area's look amazing. Can't wait to see them in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I linked up late, but I made it. I shared my terrarium and new ground covers, however they are indoors. I don't start outdoor gardening here until usually June, since we often have snowy Easters in Northern Cali. If they don't fit your link up, feel free to delete, and except my apologies. Added you to my linky love page. Happy holiday weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece of heaven! I can almost hear the birds singing! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for highlighting some other gardens! I loved the Barnwood, Butterflies and Birds!
    Found you on we call it junkin's linkup!
    ash@sn4g
    http://shabbynot4gotten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous features - lovely gardens. I am delighted that you shared with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully there won't be any more frost! The temps are still unusually cool here - your garden looks wonderful! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I get something more blooming I will join you for this party. Not too much blooming there yet and we are having trees removed so I am staying out of the way! I can't wait to see all the sun that will be out there now. I will finally get something to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!