Thursday, April 24, 2014

Back Gardens and Views of the Lake

Hello dears...
 Wanted to share with you the new growth in the back gardens.
 Many of the perennials are filling out nicely.
 Its so nice to see all this green again.
 The daffodils are mostly finished blooming.
And a few of the early irises have buds ready to open.
 Lots of little groundcovers are blooming.
I think this might be a weed, but I think it is pretty, so it stays.
As you can see... it has taken over this bed. 
 Lets go to the butterfly hill.
 It has been so pretty with the yellow blooms.
 Lots of shrubs are yet to leaf out, but soon it will all be green.
 The grasses have been cut back, it looks bare to me without them.
 Soon this will be a mass of color with all the irises.
 It is a favorite place to sit and look at the water.
 Update on the horse news... he will be going to a good friend and neighbor just down the road.
The girls are happy they will be able to visit Reno.
The fence and gates are already sold and will come down in a few weeks.
It will be my hubby's "golf course" looking yard again in no time.

I am not sad about it, it will be a good home and we enjoyed him.
I certainly have enough to keep busy this summer.

The first garden event is this Saturday with an 
"Fellowship and Flowers Brunch" here on my porch.
I have been cleaning the house and garden this week getting ready for it.

Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke
Let's Keep In Touch!

facebook twitter gplus pinterest
follow us in feedly
rss

1 comment :

  1. The garden is looking great. Are your posers still available anywhere on the web?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!