Monday, March 24, 2014

Our Farmhouse Kitchen... Spring 2014

Happy Spring...
Although it feels more like winter today.
But the sun is shining... so lets be thankful.

I thought we were overdue for a kitchen post.
So welcome to my farmhouse style country kitchen.

There was no styling for you today.
My junk is still on the fridge and the toaster and cups are out.
Sports schedules, coupons... our life is on the fridge.
The longer we live here the more I like to have things out and ready to use.
The crocks are not just for display.
I cook with mine.
Even the basket of potatoes are within easy reach.
I love my piepan safe.  
Before I had the doors shut.
But then it becomes a junk drawer... 
Open is much prettier, I think.
The old gas cans and garden stuff... it all works.
This spring I hung little basket trays as a backsplash.
They add a little interest and color.
Greenery on the light.
I hate this builder basic light...
Will be replacing it soon with something with only one or two bulbs.
The old coal stove is tucked into the corner by the fridge.
My little cabinet and shelf is done in green.
Do you see Scoob napping on the couch?
Lol.. lazy dog.
I just love the color.
Vintage watering cans and metal tidbits are favorites.
Another look into the kitchen and some of the goodies on top of the cabinets.
It's everything goes in this house... I love it all.
Thanks so much for stopping by folks!

~Brooke~

8 comments :

  1. Love that this is a kitchen to be used as well as enjoyed. The warm colors and the mixture of textures with the vintage and new items make this a wonderful space. I would be tempted to nap on the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I love the plaid wallpaper so much! I also think I see some matching fabric on window. Did you get these items recently and from where or have you had them forever? I would love to know. So warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a wonderful country kitchen! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful kitchen, Brooke and amazing collections! I love displaying and using my treasures too! I am delighted that you shared with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is beautiful. I love how you display items. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is beautiful. I love your displays. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back! Beautiful kitchen - I do love your pie safe! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!