Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Garden Gawkers #9 - Delightfully Inspiring Garden Shed

Oh what a treat I have for you today!
This is the charming backyard of the home I showed you in yesterday's post.
It was an eyeful in every direction.
The garden has many layers, like it has grown over the years.
They continued the colors from the front gardens in back.
Very dramatic chartreuse green, black and hot pinks.
There were ample places to sit and enjoy the garden.
I loved all the curves and corners.
This potting bench under the shade tree was perfect.
The choice of black for the shed was surprising.
But somehow it works perfectly.
The garden is low, so they have water issues.
But this is a wonderful solution.
A dry creek bed is just beautiful.
And the bridge and arbor is lovely.
A close up of the simple work area.
The gardener loves whimsical pieces.
There was several scattered about this garden.
Like I said yesterday, I was so taken by the hydrangeas.
Everything was in peak bloom.
It seems we visited on the perfect Sunday in June.
But I have to say, I fell in love with the shed.
The vintage door was the kicker.
Just perfect!

Okay, there is one more post about this garden...
And the star of it is another vintage door.
Just wait till you see what they have done with it!

See you tomorrow!
Brooke






12 comments :

  1. I'm drooling! I love the door on the shed. What a beautiful garden!!!! The flowers and areas are so perfectly planned and the weeds kept out.
    JM Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved all the pretty pics... so much inspiration.. take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blast of colors! Great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that place is amazing, just what my backyard looks like...when I close my eyes and imagine, ha ha! That shed is super cute, with the shuttered windows and that cool light fixture over the door. Love it all! -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. My little shed in my in my backyard is my studio. It's not nearly as cute, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh squeal!!! this is all so lovely. We built a wonderful garden shed a while back with a cottage style. We plan to do a bit of landscaping around it this hyear. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Brooke! What a gorgeous space! I want to hire the person who designed and planted this!!!!!!! lol Thank you for the inspiring tour!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh! How did you tear yourself away? I might have had to take up residence in that shed. I think the dry bed is one of my favorite things. What a work of art! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What BEAUTIFUL gardens! I am digging that shed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomely beautiful garden, Brooke - so inspirational! I love the color of the garden shed - it's very dramatic and makes a marvelous backdrop! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesomely inspiring, Brooke! I want a garden shed like that...sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! I saw you on A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life.

    I'm also an avid gardener. I'll be subscribing via facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!