Monday, March 10, 2014

Garden Gawkers #12 - Urban Courtyard Garden

Happy Monday!
Well, it is warming up here in Indiana for the next two days.
So yes, it is a Happy Monday.

Today is another fun share for my 'Garden Gawkers' series.
This garden is another one from the SW Indiana Master Gardener tour.
It was pouring down rain when we visited this garden.
Many of my pictures were blurry, and these are not my best.
But I wanted you to see just a bit of this lovely garden.
Okay, the entire garden is surrounded by a very nice tall metal fence.
Making it an instant courtyard garden.
I had passed by this garden many times before,
but the plantings give so much privacy you can see very little from the streets.
It is on a very busy corner and in the center of town.
It appeared like the surrounding houses were condos or apartments.
So privacy was an issue.
The gardeners have done an excellent job.
This could have also been called 'The Groundcover Garden."
I can't even count how many they have used... but it works.
Here is one of the views from the street.
My impression of this was it reminded me approaching a nice restaurant or shopping center.
It hugged the building and welcomed you to come closer and enjoy.
This picture was blurry, but I just loved this art piece.
They had many in the garden.
Including several glass fragments that I just fell in love with.
This is the only picture I took of the deck area...
It was large and had several tables with umbrellas.
But this is the view from the seating areas!
This small koi pond was stunning!
Natural rocks with water plants and more groundcovers.
Here is an overview of this small urban garden.
I cannot get over how well the space is used.
I hope this inspires you to think like this creative dreamer.
And use every square inch you have!

Okay this is my 12th post in the Garden Gawkers Series.
I don't want you to miss a one of them!
And make sure you are a subscriber too.
I have many more coming soon...
Including a new garden themed link party coming in April.

Thanks for coming by....Brooke


3 comments :

  1. Lovely garden. Ours is much more "rustic" (to put it kindly). I love water features, aside from the mosquitos they would bring near us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is fantastic and you have so many inspirational ideas for home gardens! My Ohio garden has very similar conditions to yours in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely garden! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/03/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_16.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash tomorrow! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!