Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Today I Chose To Be Happy...

 Good Morning Dears....
Yes, I -CHOOSE- for this to be a Good Morning.

This has been such a long, troubling winter.
It just seems everyone is on their last nerve.
And it seems there are so many problems in the World.
My heart just goes out to so many.

So today I will choose to be happy.
Today I  going to be thankful.
For a beautiful sunrise...
 For a view I never tire of...
Especially with Miley and Reno in too.
 To see beauty in the Winter landscape... not blah.
As long as I live I will never tire of this view.
Today I will choose to be positive.
To look forward to what is to come.
Not just Spring... but every day.
To look around and enjoy the little things.
Of course there are things I want, would like to change.
But all in time, today I am happy just like it is.
Like the blooms on the houseplants.
I love having an indoor winter garden.
Today I am happy to watch the geese and ducks land on the lake.
And the hear birds outside the windows.
I chose to be thankful for the comforts of home.
And for every blessing we share as a family.
Like good grades, swim season starting and just time as a family.
For my family and friends I love so much.
For our church, neighbors and all the friends we hold so dear.
For my parents that are enjoying winter in Florida.
For them coming home in about a month.
For all the things to come, I will be happy... and thankful.
For three silly cats, two spoiled dogs... and big, old honery horse.
For two beautiful girls and a hard working, stubborn husband.
That I love more than I could have ever dreamed.
Every one of them.
Today, I will be happy.
Today I will be blessed.
Today I will be thankful.
Today I will pray that you will be too.

"Take my life and let it be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

~Brooke~



5 comments :

  1. Love this post! Not only do I enjoy seeing the the beautiful photos, but your words are so encouraging. This has been a tough winter, in more ways than one, but I'm choosing happiness as well and counting my many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very uplifting and a good reminder to be grateful all day every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your optimistic post! So true.... We need to choose joy in mundane times! Winter can certainly get blah, but your views are stunning!! I'm a country girl at heart, and I miss living where I have sweeping landscapes instead of just roofs. But I am thankful for my my cozy home, and so I also choose joy today! Thanks for inspiring:)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister . I am chomping at the bit to get out and start planting and I can't wait to see your flowers this year. These are blessings, to see things grow from seeds into things of beauty. God Bless, Cathy Moring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great attitude!!!! Love the pictures too...........Thank you for sharing. :) Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!