Monday, January 13, 2014

Vintage Makeover in the Living Room....

Nothing drastic today...
No new paint colors or major purchases.
Just shopping my own house and mixing things up after the holidays.
So here is the Living Room before...
And here is after....
I just added some more rusty stuff.
An old chair in place of the wicker stool.
An old metal brace and birdcage...
And some old books and cricket cages.

This side of the room was looking a bit blah...
So I added a metal gate and greenery behind the clock.
And a plant of course!
The area behind the couch got a few new things...
Two pillows in a cute vintage print, a bigger house plant and a tassel on the shade.
Another before...
And after...
Love my house plants.
This room gets great sun, perfect for them.
I love birdcages, I think a collection might be in the making.
I found this rusty beauty at a local dive... for like $2.
It is super heavy, but so neat.
Here I added the little birds and cricket cages.
The frame is backed with burlap and another tassel.
More burlap... left over from the Christmas tree.
I've been tucking it in all around the house.
I love the fireplace screen as the backdrop.
This side of the room needed more balance.
I switched out the end table for my antique wash stand...
And then added more goodies to the wall.
Every time I am not happy with a room...
I need to add more to it.
I am a throw everything up on the wall gal I guess.
But I love it, and it is interesting.
And it can be changed tomorrow.
And it might...lol.
For whatever reason... my pictures are off today.
It is so much better in person... you all know how it is!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Brooke~

Anything Goes @ Type A
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co.
Cottage Style @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time Interiors
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday’s Treasures @ Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Victoria Party - A Return to Loveliness @ A Delightsome Life
Nancy's Tuesday Muse
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

3 comments :

  1. Hi, Brooke

    This looks great. I love the view from the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the view from your living room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brooke, it is fun to go through your house doing some fresh fluffing - your changes look marvelous - love the pictures on the walls and the fireplace screen is inspire! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!