Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Vintage Corner with a Antique Church Pew


Welcome Dear Friends...
Warm yourself up a bit... it is COLD here in Indiana.

Winter is a dangerous time for me.
I take all the holiday things away and my house looks dark.
Then I get way too many ideas in my head.
Wanting to paint....
Add crown molding...
New wood floors...

So since I am not in the position to do any of those things...
I redecorate.
I am loving all the little vignettes I have been seeing all over blogland.
Here is my little bit of nostalgia... my girls first leather shoes.
They look so sweet in the lighted nook.
This is an antique silver punch bowl I found several years ago.
It is huge and heavy... and wonderful.
It looks nice with the oversized column.
I love pillows... these are my nod to upcoming Valentine's Day.
I love cream and red together.
Here you can see the side of the pew... dust and all.
It is not the most comfortable, but I guess you were suppose to sit up straight!
This I redid a few months ago adding the button magnets and photos.
No one from my family, they were from an estate sale.
I made this shelf too.  Found the corbels for $5 and scrap wood!
Love the blue/green color.
Antique lace and another vintage print from a yard sale.
Touches of white... I am trying to brighten things up in there.
Here you can see the chippy goodness!
A chicken bowl and many trinkets...   the wood box is one of my favorites.
Okay, I have to finish up supper... hubby will be home soon!
Thanks for stopping in!
~Brooke~

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!
My Facebook Page--- My latest posts and so much more!
Now with over 7,500 members!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

11 comments :

  1. Love your vignette, Brooke - I am a HUGE fan of church pews!!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted a church pew! I love how you styled it, such pretty vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your church pew vignette. I am sitting on my church pew where I do all of my computer work. The small ones are so great for decorating. What a cozy corner you created.
    Have a great week,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! We had a vintage church pew for a time. I loved it but had to let it go to a new home. Your entry looks like I dreamed for mine when we built this house, but so far I've been thwarted in efforts to do such a lovely scene! :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there nice to meet you! Just love the church pew and it is so versatile you can decorate it so many ways. Looks so pretty! Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little vignette...you did great. You've given me some great inspiration; I also have a church pew that I don't know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweet vignette. I also have a church pew that I've done nothing with, and this gives me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your little vintage vignette. The use of the church pew in your home is wonderful. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vignette is lovely. I once had a church pew but it was given away many years ago. Wish I still had it! Thanks for linking to TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Brooke. I love your church pew.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!