Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Tabletop Sedum Garden With Rustic Finds...

Well it's the 15th of the month and time for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day...
And my garden is a frozen tundra...

So today I am sharing an indoor garden I have been working with.
This was an outside container on my deck that I had some annuals and sedums in this past year.
I learned last year to take my sedums in early in Indiana or they looked bad all winter indoors.

So early October this came inside and the annuals were taken out.
You know I could never leave it alone.

So I divided the hens and chicks and scattered them all around.
They are now starting to grow and spread again... 
So it earned a place in the kitchen for you all to see it.

All of  the goodies I had on hand.
See I have a reason to collect all these things.
Little metal birdhouses...
Tiny terra cotta pots.... love them.
They look pretty against the soft sedum colors.
But my favorite is the metal rake.
How cute is that?
Yes, I love my junk...
But I can enjoy it on my kitchen table.
And look forward to it all filling in and covering the soil.

I have been thinking about adding some shallow rocks too.
Some of the tan gravel... need to go to the craft store soon!
What do you think... add some ground cover or leave it as it is?

Thanks for looking and consider becoming a new follower!
~Brooke~



Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!
My Facebook Page--- My latest posts and so much more!
Now with over 7,500 members!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

6 comments :

  1. Great idea. I'll have to try a garden like this in the spring and bring it into the house in the fall. I do have container grown succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dish garden. I've made a few in my time, but nothing recent. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and so creative! I love your garden dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! I would think of that for outside but looking at it now in the dead of winter is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd leave it an let it fill in, although some pebbles would help with drainage when watering but then you don't need to water that very often do you lol. Wish I could have stuff like this but I have cats that wouldn't leave it alone :/ thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garden and your rusted rake, too. I have a few houseplants/indoor gardens but like Tami, I have cats, and some houseplants are just too tempting for them to resist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!