Thursday, January 23, 2014

Garden Gawkers #2 - Beautiful Historic Brick Cottage

Okay, I am soooo glad I took these pictures last September.
This is has been so much fun to share with you.
I have several more days of these and then I may start asking for submissions.
Would that not be fun?
I might even do a theme party... who knows.
This home is the next door neighbor of yesterdays Garden Gawker Garden.
I still love this walled walkway.
I am sure it was a huge investment.. 
but well worth it to keep people out of the garden beds.
Also it makes it so you can garden without bending over to weed.
Good for those older gardeners.... easy... peasy.
Love....love...love the colors here.
I guess when the world is frozen anything green looks wonderful.
But these pinks and whites are lovely.
Okay, I am usually pretty good about these things... but are those an annual grass?
We cannot winter burgundy grasses here in Indiana.
But those are huge for just one years growth.
I am really considering adding something like this to the roadside garden I have.
Wow... seriously... wow.
This house looked tiny from the front.. but as you go around it spreads out.
I love it that the gardener uses plants in mass.
But looking so much of this garden is annuals.
Which means they bloom for weeks longer...
But it all has to be replaced every Spring.
But I guess that gives you a chance to change it up every year too.
A well placed tree and natural stone wall.
This garden is so simple... 
And I am green with envy at how well it works.
I looks like this back area could use some work.
I would add some hostas and ground cover there.
But all the bones are there.
The brickwork, fence and birdbath are perfect.
Sedum and more annuals in pots line this back drive area.
I would love to see the screen porch and inside of this home.
I really hope this gets you thinking about your landscape.
Let me know if you would like to be featured in an "Garden Gawker" post.
I'd love to see your garden too!

Thanks for visiting and please consider becoming a follower.
~Brooke~


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!
My Facebook Page--- My latest posts and so much more!
Now with over 7,500 members!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

9 comments :

  1. lovely gardens and I do LuV the home! seems set on property to show it to advantage.. Nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home - and garden! I adore the old brick embraced by the white flowers. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this inspiring home - and I hope you do it again! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of this amazing home and garden. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos. What a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke!!!

    I LOVE THIS BRICK HOME!!!!!

    I find back East(I live in Vancouver, BC) has a lot more brick homes. I'm from Montreal and our house had brick, so, maybe that's why I love brick soooo much!!!

    I love the stone walkway as well!!! You can tell the owner really loves to garden!!! I Would love to know the age of the house and take a look inside too.

    Thank you for sharing this with us!!! Have a great weekend!!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I'm seriously in love with this home...not just the style...but BRICK too! I think that large, burgundy grass is Pennisetum 'Vertigo'...definitely an annual...but grows super-fast. I plant them every year as small plants and they get 4-5' tall by July...very beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gardens! Thanks for sharing at TTF~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photos. The garden is a delight. Thanks for sharing on Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!