Sunday, November 24, 2013

Add A Bit of Bling--- A Thrift Store Jacket Re-Do!

Today I am sharing a fun makeover I did on a thrift store find!
This jacket was brand new, it had never been unbuttoned and still had store tags.
But I found it at a thrift store for $4.00!
The color was a bit drab.... in between a blue and a grey.
But it fit and it had potential... so home with me it went.
After thinking on it a bit... I decided it needed some bling.
So I had sewn 1/3 inch silver sequins and small pearl beads on.
I just placed then where the flowers were.
In all it took me a little less than an hour.
But that was in front of the tv!
So maybe a little less time if you did it.
I am happy with how it came out.
Now it matches my lace shirt nicely.
If I were to guess, it looks like at least a $40 jacket now.
I love a good deal... :)
So total cost = $4.00 and an hour of my evening.
I had the sequins and pearls in my craft closet...
Now... what else can I bling up now????

I'll keep you posted!
~Brooke~

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!

My Facebook Page--- My latest posts and so much more!
Now with over 7,500 members!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!