Wednesday, October 30, 2013

~~Front Entry Before and After~~


Hello dear readers!
No, I have not fallen off the net....
But we have been super busy... good kinds of stuff...
Like kiddo theres 14th birthday....
Building horse fence and getting Reno home...
Long trail rides and enjoying the cooler weather....
Working out and still going strong on the diet.
(at -50 now, btw)
And yes... even a bit of decorating!

This is how I have spent most of the day....
And wow do I feel better!
Why?
Well before it was the huge armoire at the front entry.
Don't get me wrong, it is a great piece to have.
But it is huge, and I was tired of seeing the 
spider webs in the greenery as I go down the stairs!

So... I mighty-mom'ed up and moved that baby today.
And let me tell you... it was a chore!
Inch by inch we went.
But it is in the next room and I have put my front entry back together.
 You see, the armoire has been there since we put the fireplace in three years ago.
It use to hold our TV.  Not it is full of crafting supplies... aka... my mess.
But it is great storage.
But I missed my light and mirror and the pretty as you come in the house.
So now you can see my wallpaper....
And all the pretty trinkets.
Sorry this is so blurry... the plants have a good sunny home here.
And one new thing to share.  This cute birdcage from my Secret Pal at church.
I love it... 
So anyway.... I have been a busy girl...
What have you been up to on this rainy day?
Let me know....

Thanks for visiting and please consider becoming a new follower!

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!


My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."



7 comments :

  1. Very pretty, Brooke! I love that chest. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I think this is so pretty. I am still a fan of wallpaper even though I don't have a lot of in my house anymore. Your entryway looks so vintage and homey. I also love the dresser that took it's new spot! As far a s moving the heavy armiore, I have very similar and it is made from oak and it is HEAVY! I had carpeting which made it harder to move AND I was moving it from the livingroom to the farthest away bedroom. Super Sliders to the rescue! Have you used those? They have ones for carpet (slick plastic) and others for bare floors (heavy carpet-like). I moved that heavy thing, single handedly by myself! Looks lovely...and congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Brooke - you are super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are amazing and I love the small chest and vignette in your entry. Beautiful and I really enjoyed browing around your blog. Love this change, it really is so pretty and so welcoming. Don't forget to link up to Inspire Me Tuesday. It will go live on Mon. at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really warm and welcoming front entryway! Thanks for sharing your home with us at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, first time visitor from your post at The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday. I LOVE your wallpaper, but am not a fan of the matching border. You are a brave woman, though, going against the blogosphere grain of neutral (boring) walls. Who would not want a entrance in their home that makes them happy to see it when they enter? Yours says Welcome with a big smile and a warm hug. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!