Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Vintage-Country Reading Corner - A Before and After!

It's that time of year!  Time for a Fall Tour of my Country Farmhouse!
This (hopefully) will be one of many posts 
taking you thru the many places 
I decorated for the church picnic this past weekend.  
I love to decorate for fall, 
my house is perfect because I use fall colors all year. 

Today I am sharing a project I did just before my company came out.
I had this cute little corner of my office....
That was looking a little plain to me....
I loved my rescued rocking chair I got at a yard sale for $10 a few years ago.
And the vintage floral was my color inspiration....
So here is my after!

Yes, it is much better.  
I moved my Banner Rotary Wash Machine to this side of the room.
I like it much better there.  I added an ottoman (which I will recover soon).
I think the fabric is a bit bright for this room, but I have all winter to sew.
These were just pillows I had on hand.
But my favorite addition is the shelf!
I had these lovely blue corbels in the basement.
It took me forever to find them... but I put it together and hung it myself!
Love the ornate design and the color is perfect.
I have been adding more blue to my house this year.
On top went some lovely vintage laces... a birdhouse... and several vintage photos. 
The three girls is my favorite.
A cheese box, vintage wire basket and some greenery.
Everything was things I had around the house...
But I added more lace and photos....
Even the lampshade got a bit more dolled up.
So it will be fun to see what I do with the ottoman.
Fabric shopping is so much fun!
Thanks for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower!

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!


My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!