Thursday, August 1, 2013

Who Needs A Dining Room? I'll Take My Vintage Inspired Office!


Hey, A New Post!
I am so excited...  I pretty much took all of July off from blogging.
Not that I planned it or anything... Busy with STUFF!
Here is one of my projects.....
I spent a week painting my office-slash-dining room.
Here is how it looked for most of the time we have been here.
A very pretty, very formal looking Dining Room.
With white columns.... dreamy.
But we NEVER USED IT.
We are not formal by any means...
So my Mom took Grandma's Dining Room set and it's now at her house...
(So she can dust it once a week!)
And last fall I turned this room into an office...
But it still looked formal.
And I was tired of the curtains.
And I hate to say it...
tired of my beautiful red I feel in LOVE with a few years ago. 
So as I always say... it's just paint!
But dang... it was a CHORE covering that dark red.
But four coats later... we have a light beige room.
I decided to go completely different with the things for the walls.
Lots of vintage goodies... I have quite a few spaces to fill.
But that will be fun to find new treasures.
This area looks toward our Living Room and has views of the lake.
But I love the afternoon sun thru the lace panels.
I will probably make new curtains here to add some color.
Not sure.... or maybe some wood blinds.
Hubby likes to shut the sun out to keep the house cool.
I would have no window treatments if it were up to me!
Most of my antiques were once my Moms.
I get my love of them from her.
My hubby and dad call them kinlin... aka... firewood!
But I love them with there bumps and bruises.
I always seem to add greenery and tassels to everything!
And mirrors move even more light around the room.
I suppose some might think I need to add more furniture in this room.
But I like having it open.
Another treasure, my Banner Rotary Wash Machine... it has the original beater-bars inside and a plug to let the water drain!
I got this beautiful old rocker at a yard sale for $5 a few years ago!
What a score!!
But my sideboard is my favorite... one thing I will never part with.
I love its shape and the mirror.  So pretty.
This was a DIY yesterday...
it had a print inside...
I painted it the wall color and distressed it...
its metal and I have magnets made from old clip-on earrings!
I added the lace, greenery and old photos.
I actually have two of these... one I left alone.
Love the shape... it is HEAVY!
I love before and afters!
Glad to share this with you today.  Of course, like everything... it is a work in progress.
Might be something completely different by next week!
You never know around here....


Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube. Brooke is also the owner of a large garden site on Facebook called “WebGarden” with over 5000 members. She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. 
Let's Keep In Touch!
    
My Garden Group on Facebook with over 5000 Members. Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!