Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Water Garden --- Lilies in Bloom on the Lake!

Maybe if you read my blog you know I live on a large lake...
But did you know I have a water garden?
Yes, my very own blooming paradise just to the right of the swimming dock.
It is the shallow cove where the yellow water lilies bloom!
I am amazed how beautiful they are every summer.
They stay just in this area.
It's like they know a gardener lives here.
Although my neighbors think I planted them... they are natural to the lake.
The reason they grow in this corner is it is very shallow.
They have to have good footing to bloom.
I wish they were more open for you today.
But I did get a shot of one of the unusual seed heads.
I have picked them before and they have a light, sweet smell.
Here is another view of the lake from our property.
The lake is 60 acres in total.
We swim and fish mostly...
but neighbors ski and boat on the big lake.
The side on our property is about 20 acres
and the other side across the road is about 40 acres of water.
I love how the trees are right up to the water.
I can't believe of all the photos I take this is the first time I have shared the yellow lilies!
They are so much prettier in person.

Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider following!
~Brooke~


Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube. Brooke is also the owner of a large garden site on Facebook called “WebGarden” with over 5000 members. She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. 
Let's Keep In Touch!
    
My Garden Group on Facebook with over 5000 Members. Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!