Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Late Summer in my Country Garden....and an Update!

Okay, I haven't quite fallen off the face of the Earth.
But it seems close a time or two.
We are fine... but it has been a hectic August so far.
Most of last week I spent at the hospital with my mom.
Three weeks ago she retired after 40 some years as a nurse.
Then days later she was back on the floor she retired from as a patient.
My mom got in distress and was on a ventilator for two days.
The worse two days of my life.
But God answered our prayers and she is home again now.
We need our Mamaw time... and are very thankful.
It was a learning experience for our small family.
I am an only child and it has made me very grateful for our friends and extended families.

My garden has been on autopilot.  
The weeds have seen a chance to jump in and are now popping up everywhere.
As I have said before, this summer has made me lazy.
We have had steady rains and I have hardly watered at all.
Our grass has been green and we are mowing way too much.
But that is part of it being out here on 7 acres.
Always something to do.

I have been working on my containers this week.
Moving things out of them into the garden...
And then adding evergreens into them for winter interest.

Lots of ivy, boxwood cuttings and Pigsqueak or Heartleaf Bergenia.
I saw this in a container at a garden tour and fell in love with it.
This is the Berginia from the tour. Isn't it beautiful.  I hope mine looks half that good by next year.  It is evergreen and has little red flowers in winter and early spring.

I have lots to share this week, so thanks for visiting and I hope you come back soon!



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube. Brooke is also the owner of a large garden site on Facebook called “WebGarden” with over 5000 members. She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. 
Let's Keep In Touch!
    
My Garden Group on Facebook with over 5000 Members. Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!