Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Flowers - Hyperion Daylily

Hyperion Daylilies blooming in front of our country home in zone 6 Indiana.
Hyperion has a truly lovely yellow hue that coordinates well with hostas and hydrangeas.
An Annabelle Hydrangea is slowly growing upward in this bed as well as a small snowball viburnum, pink weigela and multiple evergreens.
But for this week it is all about these beautiful lemon colored blooms!
They the over 5 inches wide and lovely.
It is hard to capture but there is also small blue sages, cornflowers, hostas and white sweet alyssum in this bed.  I hope they will reseed and be more prominent in the coming years.
They will give me color for the rest of the summer with the white hydrangea blooms.
But for now, we will enjoy the bright fun yellows.
You know I am not a yellow person... but I cannot dismiss this lovely display.
Bright like the sun, you are drawn to this mass of color.
And one of the things I am always striving for is more things you can see from a distance.
So much of my garden is better close up.  But this you can see from all over the yard and driveway.
Making a welcoming entrance and lovely view.
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube. Brooke is also the owner of a large garden site on Facebook called “WebGarden” with over 5000 members. She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.
-------------------------------------------------

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. 
Let's Keep In Touch!
    
My Garden Group on Facebook with over 5000 Members. Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!