Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back to Normal? Not Quite Yet...

Hello dear friends... Hope your week is going well.
What's going on out here at the lake?
We'll the holidays and four weeks of tennis camp is over.
I am still getting use to being home all the time again.
I have no idea how the days go by so fast.
Or what I have gotten accomplished, but I was busy.
Doing what I have no idea.
Doing lots of gardening and taking picutes I guess.
I love seeing the kittens in my garden shots... this is Punkie.
This has been a cat week... the little grey kitten, Ivy had to have surgery yesterday.
She has a warble in her neck.  If you do not know what that is... good for you.
It was a grub type worm inside her neck... you can imagine it was not pleasant.
$75 later she is camped up in big sisters room recuperating.
If she was not spoiled already, she is plum rotten by now.
Always something... am I the only one that spends way too much money on "free" pets?
Anyway....
It has been hot and humid all this week.
Too hot to walk comfortably, so I am using my elliptical again.
I had gained back two pounds during the holiday weekend.
I blame my hubby, he was off for 4 days and all we did was eat!
So I am back to salads and grilled chicken this week.
One good way to burn the calories is cutting back the garden.
I cut all the butterfly bushes back to about a foot tall..
They will rebloom and not be so huge.
I regret planting them on the hill, but I love the butterflies.
So, they get a major haircut this time of year.
Also most of the spring blooming shrubs were trimmed.
As well as the perennials with seed heads I don't want to spread.
White yarrow was my biggest chore.  It will turn brown if you leave it be.
I feel as hot as its getting I want all the brown I can cut out gone...
Keep the garden looking as fresh as I can in the heat.
My little annuals from seed are starting to bloom this week.
Many were planted late and the cool weather has them a little behind.
But they are welcome as a bit of color and texture here and there.
This year more than any other I have noticed plants have disappeared.
I don't think I have killed them... but they are lost in the jungle of growth.
Little things are either lost of so far back I cannot find them.
I look at older photos of the garden and remember where they should be...
Hopefully I can remember to move them next spring when and if they come back.
I love my groundcovers... and I have not bought mulch this year... but they can overcome some tender treasures when you are not looking.
 Years ago I kept all my plant tags and it was amazing all the ones that were gone!
"I remember buying that... where did I plant it?"
But with all these blooms... I am not going to complain too much.
The tough will thrive!
Speaking of... look at the grass popping up in the rocks...
It is a full time job keeping the walks and the driveway weeded.
And as of this week I am watering again.
I pretty much have been leaving it in areas and letting it run.
I then go deadhead daylilies and perennials while it waters a section.
(That is if I dont walk off and forget it.)
Love this picture, one of my favorites I have taken of the house.
It is hard to get it all in one shot.
So what else have I been up to?
Feeding everybody... I can never fix enough food with the girls home.
I make a huge run once a week to the store and could go twice.
It has been hot and they have been inside all day.
I made little sister walk with me and the dog tonight.

I walk a mile and a half almost every evening.
To the highway and back.
The dog loves it.
I would too if it was not so humid.
But it was good girl bonding time.

She starts Middle School this year.
Where has the time gone?

Okay, I need to get off here... my internet is acting up.
Thanks so much for stopping by and sign up to be a follower if you haven't done that yet!
~Brooke~

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube. Brooke is also the owner of a large garden site on Facebook called “WebGarden” with over 5000 members. She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.


Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. 
Let's Keep In Touch!
    
My Garden Group on Facebook with over 5000 Members. Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!