Friday, June 7, 2013

This Year's Window Boxes

Today I wanted to share my window boxes at the front walk.
To me they look especially nice this year.
The thing I am most thrilled about is... I have not done a things to them.
Except fertilize in March. 
You see they are perennials.
And they have came back bigger and better every year.
So all I have done is add some annual moss rose in the pretty blue pot.
And enjoyed the lush texture and blooms along the walk.
As you can see, it gets mostly shade.
And I water them often, but that is pretty much it.

Here is a post from 2011, and you can see... it is the same plantings!
But wow... everything else has sure changed!

What is in it?  All plants I have in excess in my garden.
Purple Palace Heuchera (Coral Bells)
Hosta
Husker Red Pensermon
Ivy
Creeping Jenny
Flag Iris
And a few starts of Coleus from cuttings... we'll see if they make it!
----All Free----

I just gathered up a few starts and some good potting soil and wha-la!
Perennial Plantings.... it's a GOOD THING!!
Happy Gardening....Brooke

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!
 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader
Add to Google Reader or Homepage
My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Saturday Nite Special @ Funk Junk Interiors
Saturday Showoff @ Maleviks Rosentradgard
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different / Act Normal
Aimee at It's Overflowing for Overflowing with Creativity Sat.
A Favorite Thing @ Mocking Bird Hill Cottage
Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes






3 comments :

  1. Your little piece of Heaven is lovely and it makes so much sense to use perennials instead of annuals. I too love color and texture in a garden. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I would have never thought to use perennials in a window box.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!