Monday, June 3, 2013

The Fairy Garden in June Bloom

On the side of the house by the road is what I call "The Fairy Garden".
It is called that because of the 14 'The Fairy' roses planted along the windows.
The Fairy is an old rose, I think of it as an original landscape rose.
It is a florabunda miniature.  But it is not dwarf in size.
They can get quite large.  Actually I am counting on it.
My goal is for them to be seen from inside the house looking out.
"A House in the Roses"
All along this border is pink and white... one of my favorite is the "Lollypop Lilies".
Stargazers, orientals, several kinds are ready to bloom along this path.
My Jane Magnolia bloomed a few weeks ago, but she adds some much needed height.
Sweet William from seed gets better and better each year.  
If I cut it back I may get a second bloom.
Crepe Myrtles and a Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea add to the pink later in the season.
Houtinya or Clown Plant is the groundcover.  

It smells so good and has sweet little white flowers in early summer.


Pink salvias and white yarrows are always welcome in a Fairy Garden.
Sweet Alyssum is just starting to bloom from seed.   
It will add more white loveliness.
The Fairy statues make a nice focal point.  I have a lady and a cherub.
Daylilies are almost blooming in this bed as well.
A look towards the porch.
Its pretty to look out from the swing to this area.
It overlooks the lake in the back yard.
A garden with a View. :)

Thanks so much for visiting our country home.
Hope you will consider becoming a follower as well!
Happy Gardening...Brooke

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!
 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader
Add to Google Reader or Homepage
My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."






3 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! Your gardens surrounding your house are so gorgeous! And the lake in the backyard?! Is that Heaven on earth or what? Thanks for sharing all that beauty! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful. I do love this rose too. I have a few and they're doing beautifully right now. I see some growing wild - I believe where houses used to stand - You have a very, very lovely garden. I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place and your gardens are fantastic!
    I loved all the beautiful blooms and how wonderful to have that view of the lake.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!