Friday, June 7, 2013

Feels Like Summer To Me

Welcome to summer here at the lake...
That is what it is feeling like to me this week.
When the daylilies and hydrangeas start blooming... it is Summer to me.
And I could not be happier!  See this little guy... he makes me happy too.
This one's name is Pumpkin.... 
he has an almost identical brother Twinkie... 
and a third kitten Ivy that is grey.  
They are so sweet.  
We have been playing with them all week.  
More pics to come.
They follow me around the garden and sneak into pictures!
This week I have been doing clean up.
I cut back all the roses that were huge in this area...
I know it seems harsh.  But now you can see all the perennial blooming.
The roses will come back better than ever.
And now you can walk to my front door!
I have several white blooms right now.
Last year I added almost everything white I could find.
This is a lovely old fashioned Penstemon.
I only wish it bloomed longer.
The clematises have been so pretty this year.
I love them on the porch because they have double the view.
Inside blooms and outside interest in the garden.
Here is another of my heirloom plants...
White Hardy Geranium.  I have never seen this online.
I got this start from my MIL and it is very old.
It has a lovely small leaf, almost like an ivy.
Just blooms the one time, but makes a great groundcover.
White clematises on each side of the steps.
A few of the purples, blues and pinks are starting to pop up.
More color will be here later in the summer with the hydrangeas.
Don't you love the touch of white in this purple one.  It is almost blue.
Little flag irises are so cute, another touch of blue.
Pink Spiderwart is hard to find, but well worth it.
I finally have it where it will not get too hot this year.
Hopefully it will be happy and bloom all summer.
Sweet William from seed is the dark pink.
An astilbe is just starting to show color in the background. 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.
Pumpkin is so glad you did!
Come back again soon.... And if you are new today... Please consider becoming a follower!

Blessings....Brooke

Fabulously Creative @ Jennifer Rizzo
Farm Girl Friday @ Fresh Eggs Daily
Farmhouse Friday @ LaurieAnna’s Vintage Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Friday’s Unfolded @ Stuff & Nonsense
Furniture Feature @ Miss. Mustard Seed
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence
Potpourri Party @ 2805
Shabbilicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Spring Craft @ Décor to Adore
Welcome Wagon Friday @ Cozy Little House
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Kate at Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday
Jane at Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Friday
Jennifer at Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Linky Party
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for Weekend Wrap Up Party Friday
Karen at Redoux Interiors Friday Party
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!
 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader
Add to Google Reader or Homepage
My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."






9 comments :

  1. Your garden is gorgeous. I loved the roses, but I can understand why you cut them back. The best thing about roses is that you can cut them to the ground and they will come back. They are so hardy. The kitten is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your gardens and relaxed atmosphere - beautiful and so glad you linked at Open House!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely video! WOW. I was so impressed. Your garden and home are both beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is so pretty. It looks like a traditional English cottage garden. Got to *love* that! Thanks for the tour!

    Linking from Fresh Cut Friday,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place is beautiful!! Love the plants around it and yes sometimes we have to cut down some of them to make others grow and show up there beauty. Thanks for sharing.

    Mary, MI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh! My Gosh! You have a lovely home and garden to match! I'm so happy you joined in and added your beautiful post to Fresh-Cut Friday! :) It is the perfect addition! :)

    Have a lovely weekend!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to tell you that your gardens are gorgeous! Love the relaxed and colorful atmosphere! Thanks for linking with TTF this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gardens are beautiful! I enjoyed your garden video but I would like it if you would move slower with the camera so I could take it all in! LOL Your little Pumpkin is so cute! We live in Northwest Indiana about an hour from Chicago. Moved here from Michigan about 10 years ago! Love to garden. You are welcome to visit my blog if you like! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful garden. I'm filled with envy for your spring blooms. We've just started winter here in Australia and my garden is dismal at this time of year. Thank you for linking at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!