Sunday, June 9, 2013

Favorite Flowers - Husker Red Penstemon

Today I thought I would share a beautiful perennial blooming in my Indiana garden.
It is Husker Red Penstemon.
It has wonderful chocolate-burgundy red foliage.
And sweet white-pinkish-purple blooms.
It stands about 30" tall and 24" wide.
It self-seeds but is not invasive.
It just blooms the one time, but the foliage is pretty all year.
I love Penstemons and grow several colors, but the pretty foliage on Husker Red really makes it a stand out.

Happy Gardening....Brooke

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!
 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader
Add to Google Reader or Homepage
My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."






1 comment :

  1. Penstemons are fabulous ! Are they fully hardy with you ? Herein the uk I can only get them through our mildest winters and have to take cuttings to overwinter in the greenhouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!