Friday, May 17, 2013

Favorite Flowers - Purple Sensation Alliums


I couldn't let this week go by without sharing my alliums blooming!

The majority of them are along the front walk.  But I now have them all around the house too.


They are great pops of color while we wait for the roses to open.
Two years ago I planted 50 Purple Sensation bulbs all along the walk.

I love their size and bright color.
They are easy to grow and come back a bit stronger every year.

Definitely worth adding to your gardens!
Thanks for stopping by....Brooke

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!
 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader
Add to Google Reader or Homepage
My Garden Group on Facebook, Join us!

I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

4 comments :

  1. Oh - your garden is simply stunning! I'm a huge fan of alliums, but have never attempted to grow any. I saw something similar in a florist the other day, but they were green, and thought they were some type of allium. Turns out they were a variety of carnations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love alliums, but the truth is the only one that is really hardy here for me is the chive. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blooms you have in your garden Brooke! You are really an inspiration. I never tried growing alliums for I am more of a vegie gardener but these blossoms make me want to try them..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blooms you got here Brooke.. Although, I must say that I more of a vegie gardener but these attractive blooms makes me want to try growing these alliums. Great garden you have Brooke!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!