Monday, February 4, 2013

Cottage Garden Inspiration Tour - Part 1




Good Morning Garden Friends!
Hope you have had a lovely weekend.
It was a long one for us, we've had some yucky weather.
But it is suppose to warm up after today and melt all this icy mess. 

Today is the first day of my special
"Cottage Garden Inspiration Tour"

I am over the top excited to share this with you!

Welcome to May in Little Nashville Indiana.
These pictures were taken the same day as last weeks posts about this area.
It was a beautiful day to say the least.
It was about 8 am when I visited this garden.
The garden is very open and out in the public.
It is a courtyard surrounding about six shops and restaurants.
I love the combination of stones and brick.
This leads you into a delightful path of mostly perennials.
Husker Red Penstemon is the white blooms you see.
It grows very well in my own garden, but only blooms once in the spring.
Purple Bee Balm or Mint Bergamot along the path is stunning.
A large oakleaf hydrangea and an iceburg rose... kind of shady for the rose, but it seems to be happy. 
Spiderwort, penstemons, salvias... oh my!
Hearty geranium makes a nice groundcover, it will bloom in mid-summer.
Loads of Husker Red Penstemon in bloom.
What a lovely view.
Here is the main house this garden surrounds.  It is now a gift shop.
The iron fence is so charming with it's lovely spireas.

This is just day one!
I will show more of this garden in the next two days posts. 

You can find more info about the area on the Little Nashville Site found HERE.

God Bless---

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader
Add to Google Reader or Homepage
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

Don't forget I started a new party this week at my site!
 'Sunday Open House!'
You can add your posts too & enjoy all the beautiful homes & gardens.
Hope you can join us!

Icon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...