Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Planning A Spring Garden, New Series


First off, is that not a pretty picture?
It is from last April and it is my Rugosa Roses in bloom.
Oh I love that bright pink!


Although it seems very far off, our Spring garden is coming very soon.
Oh wow, does that sound wonderful... Spring.

Honestly though, it will be here before we know it.  

And now is the time to start our planning and preparing times.  
I have spent about three days in the last week in the garden.  
We had a few days of warmer weather and I took full advantage of it.  

First I have to say how wonderful it was to be outside!  
Oh, it was THERAPY to be able to get my hands dirty again.  
I love to snuggle into the couch and veg out in front of the tv... 
that is what winter is about.  
But it was just heaven to be out in the garden.... 
I am so envious of my Southern friends and the mild weather.

It is in the low 30s here again for the highs.... Burr!!!

What gardening did I accomplish?
Well I spent a good deal of time just walking in circles...
Yes, my favorite hobby is walking around looking at the ground.

But I found all sorts of wonderful things...
Like perennials still blooming!

Yes, my dianthus and pincushion flowers still are making NEW blooms.
Silly things, I guess they don't know how cold it is.

But some of my lovely plants are getting ready to bloom...
Like my six new hellebores!  
They are ready to bloom in pinks and creams.
I cannot wait, this will be the first season for them.
They are just starting to open.


This is taken just a minute ago.  
Yes, crazy me went outside in my pajamas and garden clogs 
in 23 degree weather to show you my hellebores blooming!
Please tell me you are as excited as I am... lol.

But really, that is what it is all about.
Getting excited.

Seeing the new seedlings coming up.

The things that even though the should be sleeping thru the winter...

They are giving you a sweet little bloom.

The sweet surprises...
They make it all the more special.
And worth it....

Now, when you are bundled up like a snowman out knee deep in the mud...
it's up to you to explain it to your non-gardening family.
Your on your own on that one...

But as for me---
I totally get it.

I will be doing a new series on what I am doing for my spring garden.
I hope you will stay in touch!  
Please consider becoming a new follower.

Lots of love...


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

   

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts