Sunday, January 13, 2013

Make A Silk Scarf Necklace!


I had been seeing these chunky silk scarves all over the web...
So of course, I had to try and make one!  Duh!!
I had an scarf that was part of a headband the girls had grown tired of.
Perfect....

Isn't it cute?  Okay this could not be more simple... but it did require a bit of sewing.
I simply folded it long ways on the reverse side and centered a 12 inch long stitched seam.
I made it a good inch and a half wide seam--- so I would have plenty of room to slide my beads inside it.
Sorry, there are no pictures.... but I just left it open on both ends.

Once I had it inside out, I simply slid my big beads inside alternating a silver dangle piece every other one.
Then I knotted the ends so it wouldn't move around.
Then I simply added the large black beads to dangle.
Gotta love some more bling!


I added a little circle piece to each end so it looks pretty from behind as well. :)

This project was loosely based on an idea found on the web.
Isn't this one adorable? 

Please visit the link to see more....

Now I am going to make some out of some of my bright colored fabric....
Such a great look for Spring...  
Of course, when I get another one done I will show it to ya all too!


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


I am linking up to the parties found HERE.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts