I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Favorite Plants - Cyclamen Coum



Oh my is it cold outside!
Like super, duper... not wanting it leave the house cold.


But believe it or not, this is blooming today.
And it is suppose to be blooming in January.


It is Cyclamen Coum, and it is a winter blooming bulb.
Isn't it fantastic? 

I got mine a few years ago from Brent and Becky's Bulbs
Here is the picture from their site...


The leaves are really quite beautiful. 
Much prettier on a warmer sunny day.
One thing about them is they take a long time to get established.
But happily, my little clump is growing.

Here is more info from the site...
Coum - a mixture of pink to white flowers which 
bloom winter to early spring; grown from seed.
Beautiful nodding flowers with recurved petals 
that are sometimes twisted and pulled upwards; 
beautiful variegated leaves; 
best in humus rich soil in full to part shade 
and left alone to re-seed and make lovely clumps.

But honestly?
What's not to love about pink blooms in January?
*doing a little happy dance*

Much love....

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email. Lets keep in touch!

I am linking up to the parties found HERE.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to do a happy dance with you, hoping that will get me some bright pink blossoms in January too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty impressive with the cold weather you're having! It's nice to see a bit of color during these cold months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that there's something blooming in southern Indiana in January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke
    Thanks for your vist
    I like your blog
    Have a nice Sunday
    Mari from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Thankyou for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment! Your photos are beautiful - i love the frost on the leaves and petals. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!!
    Those are very pretty!! I just bought one for myself - it was a discount in a flowershop, outside, in a small flowerpot, minus five degrees and it was snowing on it.I watered it and the flowers look a bit dry, but the plant itself seems to be fine :) Exciting to grow stuff in the middle of winter.
    I found you through FB Honest to God Gardening Group and I will follow your blog, cant wait to see new photos of spring :)

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Popular Posts