Sunday, December 30, 2012

Country Hutch Project Sponsored by Lowe's


Happy Holidays dear readers!
I am snowed in.... with over a foot of snow... 
so I am ready to share some projects with you!


Today is a VERY simple paint project... you only need... about a half cup of flat paint...  Brown shoe polish...water and two old rags!  Yep, that's it.

I had some left over sage green paint that was not enough to do a big project with... but the perfect amount to do a paint wash with.  I diluted it to about 50 percent with water...  Kind of soupy... but easy to work with.   Then just dry rubbed it onto my unfinished wood cabinet.  
Unfinished wood is perfect for this type of project.  I will also so my signs this winter in a similar finish.  Honestly I like it after the first coat, but decided it might need to be a bit greener.  So I ended up doing two coats with a dry rag.  I would just add a bit at a time and rub it in.  I loved the texture and highs and lows as the wood shown thru.
The top was in bad shape.  And although I will usually have something on it, I wanted it to look nice.
So I tried a trick a lady in the paint department at Lowe's Home Improvement told me.... Instead of buying expensive tinted wax... use SHOE POLISH!  Just applied it with a lightly wet paper towel.
It worked like a charm.... gave the the rich look of a tinted wax... it feels really smooth too.
Thanks so much for stopping by... from start to finish this project took about an hour! 


Thanks so much to the good people at Lowe's Creative Ideas for letting gardens like me get their hands dirty and their creative ideas working overtime. I am so excited to share with you my upcoming projects.


Being a part of the Creators and Influencers Garden Team been a dream come true. Its so much fun to create something so special and then sharing it with you my dear friends and readers. Please if you are not a follower consider becoming one so you can see more of my upcoming projects.



Take the time to visit Lowe’s and see what's blooming, I’m sure you’ll be glad you did!

Don't forget to check out the Lowes Creative Ideas Blog and Facebook Page. They now even have an account on Pinterest!
-------------------------------------------



Skip To My Lou BWS tips button  mop it up mondays The Southern Institute    Photobucket     MakingMakeitPrettyMondayBoogieboard Cottage  Keeping It Simple 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...