Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY-Vintage Holiday Shadow Boxes

Welcome and Happy Holidays!
I have had a horrible head cold and been working 
at the library a bit this week.  
I feel like it's been forever since I've had time to blog.  
'Tis the Season I guess!
Today's project is a quick redo of some shadow boxes 
I have used for several years.
They are in my newly redone downstairs half bath... 
more pics of this soon! 
I got them at a yardsale for a dollar a piece.... 
the stickers were still on the backs!  
But they easily unscrewed and the top lifted off.  
I love the details on the framing.  
I removed the hydrangea, it was a bit too bright of blue anyway... 
and to cover a few scuffs from the glue I added a page from an old book.   
You'll see move things from me using book pages in crafts soon!
The sweet vintage graphics were from another used book!  
I have several images ready to craft with... 
just need to get a few more little frames.
I added a bit of vintage lace to this one.
And made a glittered heart with another page from the book.

Like so many things, these are prettier in person!
Of course, I will have to change them out for Valentine's Day... 
what fun it will be to come up with another collection of goodies!

I will be posting many more DIY things soon.  
Can't wait to share them with you!

Merry Christmas....


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage




All Star Block Party
Under $100. Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Share the Love @ Very Merry Vintage Style
Wow Us Wednesdays (Kim@Savvy Southern Style)
         Organize and Decorate Everything Adorned From Above White Lights on Wednesdays Button pic 9     Lil\'Luna  The DIY Dreamer

3 comments :


  1. wow! Those are beautiful and I love the vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! Thank you for taking the time to link up to Whimsy Wednesday! We LOVE your company☺

    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I can see them being used for all sorts of holidays and occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!