Monday, November 12, 2012

Country Treasures.... Vintage Child's Highchair


Hello dear friends and new readers! 
 It seems like forever since I have posted.  I have been busy with the girls and working.  
Family time and projects.... with a few days of work thrown in for good measure.
Today I wanted to show you one of my favorite vintage finds... 
my Jenny-Lind child's highchair.
No, its was not mine... I got it about 4 years ago on TRADE at a craft fair.  
The guy had just brought it inside and I immediately walked over.  
As soon as I realized his wife liked my jewelry, I knew it was time to work out a trade.  
A set of earring and a necklace and this little darling was mine.
All I have done to it was a bit of scratch cover.  
Right now it is a pretty plant stand and accent piece.  
But if I do have little visitors it is ready to go back to work in no time.  

I wish I had found it when my girls were little.  
I hated that big ugly plastic thing I had then.  
I know someday I can see some grandbabies in it... 
but hopefully that's a long way for now!

Thanks so much for dropping by...

---------------------------------


Anything Goes @ Type A
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co.
Cottage Style @ Lavender Garden Cottage







Time to Shine @ A Diamond in the Stuff  
Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee
Twice Owned Tuesday @ Creating a House of Grace
Tuesday Link Party @ A Bowl Full of Lemons
Show Me What Ya Got@Not JUST a Housewife
Rock 'N Share @ The Shady Porch



Anything Goes @ Type A
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co.
Cottage Style @ Lavender Garden Cottage
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time Interiors
Martha's Favorites @ Martha's Favorites
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Tea for Two @ The Plumed Pen / SilkenPurse
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday’s Treasures @ Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tea Time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations
Teatime Tuesday @ Lady Katherine Tea Parlor
Three or More Tuesday @ The Gypsy's Corner
Victoria Party - A Return to Loveliness @ A Delightsome Life



5 comments :

  1. This is so cute. I love your highchair and using it to hold plants is a great idea.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I just love your country decorating style. I really think country decoratilng and my style which is more traditional really makes a home feel like home.
    I love how you decorated the high chair. You have a really good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of high chair as plant stand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those & use for a pot plant stand too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely find - looks marvelous in your kitchen with the plants - a delightful way to get treasures - bargaining! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!