Friday, October 5, 2012

Year After Year... Day 6 of Mad About Mums!

Okay when I decided to do a week long special about mums.... one thing came to mind.
The first thing I though of was my orange mums by the road.
They are so beautiful and perfect every fall for me here.
But I have to tell you how they came about.
They were leftover from a event I worked three years ago.
I brought them home and quickly stuck two different colored ones into the landscape.
Then the next spring, happy that they came back, I divided them into 3-4 starts per color.
And now I have a wonderful display of 10 orange mums every fall.

I love plants that are easy to grow and such great performers!
Best of luck with your mums too.
Remember for best results plant them as soon as possible.

We just have one more day in the drawing... Make sure you are entered and Good Luck!






a Rafflecopter giveaway

Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


-------------------------------------



4 comments :

  1. Found your blog from Deborah Jean's Dandelion House. I love your garden tour and am looking forward to reading more of your blog. If you'd like to, you can visit me at www.thankfulme.net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorating tips. Not sure how I would handle the prize for the contest. The trays of pansies and the mums are the hook. Then I see all the succulents, and of course these plants need new pots. I want a water feature and have seen several small designs that I like. Of course the idea of container conifers... Thanks for letting me daydream about a shopping spree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a Lowe's gift card! I would buy mums in all the pretty fall colors! Love your garden, it's so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those garden. Those orange blooms are really pretty. I love them. Thanks!

    Mitchel @ Cheap Sheds Propriety Limited

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!