Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Walking Tour of New Harmony, Indiana

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been busy with family things this week.  One of them was a field trip to historic New Harmony with little sisters class.  This is a beautiful small community about an hour from us.  To read more about it, please visit the New Harmony Website.
As we walked to our destinations, I was busy snapping pictures of these charming cottages.
This is a community building our garden club had a district meeting at last fall.  It is beautifully restored.
I cannot believe how big that lantana grows here!
It is as large as shrubs!
I have met a few of the members of the garden club there.
They have a garden tour in the spring I keep wanting to attend.
This is a business with an outdoor seating area.
Look at that Sweet Potato Vine!
This was annual red and white vinca and mums.... lovely!
They have used litrope or monkey grass all over town as an edger for the walkways.  It is really soft and beautiful...  but it can spread like crazy!  
I loved this little yellow cottage with the red door.
And this charming two story Victorian was a favorite of our group.

It has been cool and rainy this week.  But it was a lovely day walking the streets of New Harmony with the kids.

------------------------------

Susan's A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday

Wow us Wednesdays at Savy Southern Style
Country Homemaker Hop @ My Simple Country Living

Primp your stuff Wednesday @ Primp
Under $100. Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Tea In The Garden @ Bernideen’s Tea Time
Whatever Wednesday @ Momma Hen

What's It Wednesdays @ Ivy & Elephants
Works for Me Wednesday @ We are THAT Family
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here

Create and Share @ Trendy Treehouse
Sugar & Spice @ Seven Thirty Three
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely


2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos of lovely houses and gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that yellow Victorian is my favorite as well. Lovely tour. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Ivy and Elephants. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!