Wednesday, October 10, 2012

From an Unused Dining Room to a Pretty Office....

Hello dear friends and new readers!
If you are on Facebook with me you might have heard about the big furniture move going on last week here at the lake.
This room was affected the most.... as you can see it is now what I call a pretty office.
Before it was our dining room and I had my grandma's table and china cabinet.
My parents took that back to use in their home and I moved my antique library table down here to use as a desk.  I love having my computer back on the first floor again.  My upstairs loft where it was before is now more of a den/multi-purpose room.  I will show you pics soon.  But it is so nice not going up and down the stairs to the computer.
Many of the pieces in this room remind me so much of the look of our previous home.  It was a 1912 Victorian Bungalow.  Many of my favorite antiques are in this room.  Most of them my mom collected in the 1980s and restored.
Now they have a nice home with me.  My mom and I trade furniture, you never know what will end up where.
This wash machine is really neat.  It has the beater bars and belt ready for a load of clothes.  It even has the original plug and decal saying "Banner Rotary".
The walls are painted dark, but this room still gets a lot of light.
So here it is before as the Dining Room.
And how it is today as the office.  I love our open floor plan so I can switch up the furniture when the mood hits.  This wasn't the only room I worked on.... look for more redo's soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a follower!


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage





-------------------------------------


Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life 
Time Travel Thursdays at Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Thursdays at No Minimalist's Here 
Thursday Blog Hop at A Rural Journal 
Treasure Hunt Thursdays at From My Front Porch To Yours
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
 Transformation Thursday @ Shabby Creek CottageCreative Things Thursdays @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Grace at Home Party @ Imparting Grace
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage  (May 1st – Oct 1st)
Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherines Corner
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage 
Catch a Glimpse Thursday @ A Glimpse Inside
Vintage Thingie Thursday @ The Coloradolady
Pearls and Lace Thursday @ Faith, Grace, and Crafts
Cute & Creative @ Dumpster DivaCoffee & Conversation @ Passionately Perfect
Thrift'n On a Thursday @ Savvy City Farmer
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party @ Debbiedoo's


8 comments :

  1. Your dining room now looks wonderful as your office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful office you have now! I love the color and all the pictures and furniture! Very nice atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, a person could get very creative in there, let me tell you! ! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room....so lovely.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brooke and and welcome to my blog! I'm sooooo excited to have you join us for Pearls and Lace Thursday this week with your GORGEOUS dining room to office photos! WOW!! Those pieces of furniture are lovely and you have a very talented way of decorating. I absolutely LOVE the wash tub in the room!!! Now I'm going to have to try to find one! (just kidding...I wouldn't know where to put it in my little ole' house)! Thank you again for dropping by.
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw - gorgeous office space! I feel guilty looking at some of the photos because I'm sure I've painted some of those pieces and looking at them now they look beautiful in their " wood " state!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke - love the furniture in this room - the rich colors and all the gorgeous accessories - beautifully done and such a lovely place to have your computer - I see a lot of inspiration coming from this room. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!