Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Perfect Old Fashioned Antique Rose....

Today I am featuring a very old rose called 'Coquette Des Blanches'.
If you have came to the house for a garden tour, it is the rose I can never think of the name of.
 Not that you could just go and find this one, it is not regularly found in garden centers.
 But believe to or not I got it as a bag rose about five years ago.
It is called a Hybrid Noisette Rose. It is classified as a Bourbon from 1871.
There are a few places online that do still carry it.
But I am over the moon happy to grow such a beautiful old, repeat blooming rose.
The soft pink color blends beautifully with the front walk colors.
And the delicate blooms are nearly as tall as I am, making them easy to smell and admire.
I grow several antique roses in my gardens.
But this is hands down the best performer and easiest of them. 
I wish it had a stronger scent, but it makes up for it in blooms.
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening!
~Brooke~


Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes
Jami's An Oregon Cottage's Tuesday Garden Party

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love all of your roses. This summer was hard on a lot of plants, but we had a pretty good show earlier with ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is so beautiful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are just cool. I really love those blooms. So beautiful garden! Wow!

    Noelle @ www.CheapSheds.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Your roses are divine. Please feel free to link up with my new gardening linky, Tuesday Greens, on www.craftygardenmama.com We'd love to have you! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke,

    I really enjoyed my garden tour and seeing all of your gorgeous antique roses! As fall approaches I'm going to miss it all. I'm visiting from Garden Tuesday and hope you will stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love your garden walks, Brooke! :) So beautiful!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such a weakness for roses. I've really enjoyed looking at all of your rose pics...but that pale pink one is my fav! Thanks for sharing it with us at the All Star Block Party :)

    Shasta @InTheOldRoad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there
    Lovley Roses you have :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    last week it was 109lovley blogs...it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/09/clever-chicks-blog-hop-2-featured-post.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...