Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mum's The Word!




 Its time again for another fabulous Lowe's Creative Ideas project and this month it is All About Mums!


So when I heard that was the theme I knew it would be a fun one to challenge myself with.


So after thinking about it for awhile...


And being inspired by Pinterest and pictures on Facebook....


I decided to do an entire week just about MUMS!


This vignette started with my favorite plaid fall rug and a new McCoy small pottery piece I got at a yardsale this weekend.  Isn't it darling?  I think it was $2!  What a steal :)


 I added it with some greenery and two containers of sedums.  The green one is one that has been on the deck all summer.  It is just a groundcover sedum start from the garden.  But it has been so pretty even during the hot, dry weeks.

The hen and chicks is a new one from Lowe's, I loved the big fat petals.  The container is from the same yardsale, I think this one was $1.  It doesn't have any markings but I think it is old as well.  Love the colors.


Another shot of the sedum.  It was marked down to $3 and I will move it to my kitchen window for the winter then back outside next spring.


The mums I picked up were in the 4" pots.  They were $1.99 and look beautiful.  I love the smaller sized ones to tuck into nooks and crannies.  I also have very good luck planting them and having them come back year after year if I buy the smaller sized ones.


I really loved the deep magenta color as well.  They will be beautiful in the borders next year.


Okay, this is just day one!  So come back for new ideas every day this week.  

Gold-Lowes_thumb
Thanks so much to the good people at Lowes Creative Ideas for letting gardens like me get their hands dirty and their creative ideas working overtime. I am so excited to share with you my upcoming projects.

6274895600_0acdcbea8c_thumb
Being a part of the Creators and Influencers Garden Team been a dream come true. Its so much fun to create something so special and then sharing it with you my dear friends and readers. Please if you are not a follower consider becoming one so you can see more of my upcoming projects.
web-logo_thumb
Take the time to visit Lowe’s and see what's blooming, I’m sure you’ll be glad you did!
Don't forget to check out the Lowes Creative Ideas Blog and Facebook Page. They now even have an account on Pinterest!


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


-------------------------------------
Monday

 Mosaic Monday @ Little Red House
Macro Mondays with Lisa's Chaos
Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch
Keeping it Simple's, Motivate Me Monday's
Boogie Board Cottage's, Masterpiece Monday's
Cowgirl Linkup Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show & Tell @ The Delectable Home
Cozy Home Party @ Your Cozy Home Scenes

The Country Garden Showcase @ White Wolf Summit Farmgirl

Amaze me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Craftastic Monday @ Sew Can Do
Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter Monday
 Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life
Today’s Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

Pink Hippo Party @ Pinkapotamus

Bedazzle me Monday @Everything Under the Moon

Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Just A Party with My Peeps @ How to Nest for Less
It's Show Off Monday @ Kampen Lane

Look for more fall decorating post all this week.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignette and lovely flowers! So warm and inviting. Visiting from Mod Vintage. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thedediatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful vignette, love the plaid bring such great colors. I also love your Mccoy pottery. So very pretty! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke! What a gorgeous vignette! It has all of my favorite colors and textures and it's so warm and inviting. (The McCoy and the other little container were definitely a steal) I haven't purchased any of my Fall flowers yet, but thanks to your lovely tablescape, I think I'll be heading off to Lowes this week. Stopping by from Creative Monday and newly following via GFC, FB, Linky & Pinterest. Thanks so much for the inspiration! ~Mary (pinning this too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! What a beautiful, elegant display for fall.. I am always so envious of those with a green thumb as plants come to my house to die (so it's a good thing we live next door to our landscaper!) Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party! I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just a beautiful outdoor vignette, Brooke! I adore the wooden box that you are using as your base for the lovely mums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your use of them on the table Brooke. The vignette was lovely and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors here! Beautiful Autumn setting!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...