Thursday, September 27, 2012

Country Living

 Welcome dear friends and new readers!
 Welcome to our country home in Southern Indiana.
 We built our home in 2006.
 So it is a bit over six years old now...
 The front gardens you see here are the oldest.
 This is where I started in 2007, the front walks.
 Now I have made my way around the house and back again.
 But it is still some of my favorites areas.
 We live way off the beaten path, about a mile from the highway on a gravel road.
 It takes me about 5 minutes to get to our small town, but 30 minutes to get to Walmarts and such.
We love it out here.  I would hate to ever have to live in town again.
We have forgotten want pizza delivery is and the luxury of walking to the store.
But we traded it for a 48 acre lake and wildlife at our backdoor.
But I will have to say I have been a bit shook up here lately.
We have a bobcat in the woods behind our house.
The neighbors have seen him and I have heard him twice.  Scared me to half to death!
I don't know if you have ever heard a bobcat scream or whatever he does that makes that sound, but you will never forget it.  I think it is more so because I have had the windows down in the house of an evening...  But me and my little dog are staying pretty close after dark!  I know they are more afraid of me and only are about 50 pounds, but dang.... that is one scary noise at night!

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening!


Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
 I would love to share it with you.  You can follow my site or you could receive
my posts directly into your email.  Lets keep in touch!

 Add Creative Country Mom's Garden To Your Reader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life 
Time Travel Thursdays at Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Thursdays at No Minimalist's Here Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple
Rural Thursday Blog Hop at A Rural Journal
 Treasure Hunt Thursdays at From My Front Porch To Yours
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home 
Transformation Thursday @ Shabby Creek CottageCreative Things Thursdays @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Grace at Home Party @ Imparting Grace
Tabletop ThursdayThursday's Favorite ThingsThe Shabby Chic Cottage
Cottage Garden Party @ Fishtail Cottage  (May 1st – Oct 1st)
Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherines Corner
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
 Catch a Glimpse Thursday @ A Glimpse Inside
Vintage Thingie Thursday @ The Coloradolady
Pearls and Lace Thursday @ Faith, Grace, and Crafts
Cute & Creative @ Dumpster Diva
Coffee & Conversation @ Passionately Perfect
Thrift'n On a Thursday @ Savvy City Farmer
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party @ Debbiedoo's
Creative Thursday @ Michelle's Tasty Creations and Crafty Ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...