Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Big Cool Down...

Finally we seem to be getting a break from the extreme temperatures.

Just in time for the kids to go back to school yesterday, it was noticeably cooler.

Which made it an excellent day for me to get some gardening done!

Things are looking much better here after a bit of rain last week.

Don't get me wrong, it is still horrible dry, but it did help so much to get some rain.


All the areas you see today get watered, our grass is not that green everywhere.

But I have seen a bunch of new growth on my shrubs and things I cut back a few weeks ago.

I'm not quite ready for a Fall Garden Tour, but my garden looks 110% better than it did a few weeks ago.

It's amazing how resilient the garden is. 

I have definitely learned a few lessons in this garden year.

About what I will remove, what will be divided and what to purchase encase this extreme weather is the new normal for my area.  Lets pray it is not.  For now, I will be glad to have some good news to report to you my dear garden friends.  

Have a great weekend and God Bless!












1 comment :

  1. Your garden is so lovely, and here it is mid August and it's STILL lovely. Mine has a few pretty spots, but it's mostly done. I hope to work on getting some color for August in next year's garden. We've had some welcome rain lately so I haven't had to water.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!