Friday, August 31, 2012

Lowe's August Challenge Part 2 - "What to do with all those SEEDS!"




Hello again dear friends and new readers!
If you by chance missed my post yesterday, it is part one of this project.
Pop over to see it too before you read on...


Okay, confession time....
I am a complete and total seed ADDICT.

Yes and I am guilty of getting my friends and readers hooked on it as well.
Why?  Because it makes so much sense and its fun.  
And cool... and you gets lots of neat plants... cheap.
And did I say you get lots of PLANTS?

I love getting beautiful blooms for next to nothing.  
Trading seeds with friends is fantastic.
And worse, I buy seeds on Ebay.  
And I have no plans to stop.

But this time of year, I am collecting seeds from my own garden.
But not just a few, nope, not me.
I go all in baby... Take a look.

Last year we packaged 300 seed packets, me and the girls.  I don't think I will have that many this year, but I will have more than enough to share.  I use to keep them in little bowels... but I have graduated to Turkey Roasters and Ice Cream Buckets!
Isn't that just beautiful... Columbine!

While my other gardening friends are harvesting tomatoes and potatoes.... I have tons and tons of seeds.  But I am just as proud as any farmer.  Yep, this is my crop.


Which ends up looking like this.  Wonderful isn't it.  But it can get a bit of a mess.... Quickly.


So thanks to my friends at Lowe's I have this cool new work area.


With this WONDERFUL storage...  Isn't it beautiful?

So now I can have different areas for each type seeds...


Easy to find and use.  I know I will get every bit of it filled up in no time!

Before you ask, no... I am not ready to sell any seed yet.  I will post it here when I am.  :)

Gold-Lowes_thumb
Thanks so much to the good people at Lowes Creative Ideas for letting gardens like me get their hands dirty and their creative ideas working overtime. I am so excited to share with you my upcoming projects.

6274895600_0acdcbea8c_thumb
Being a part of the Creators and Influencers Garden Team been a dream come true. Its so much fun to create something so special and then sharing it with you my dear friends and readers. Please if you are not a follower consider becoming one so you can see more of my upcoming projects.
web-logo_thumb
Take the time to visit Lowe’s and see what's blooming, I’m sure you’ll be glad you did!
Don't forget to check out the Lowes Creative Ideas Blog and Facebook Page. They now even have an account on Pinterest!

Happy Gardening ~ Brooke

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, Brooke! I usually collect seeds from the garden too but don't have any this year since most of my perennials died during the drought.

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...