Thursday, August 2, 2012

Last Weekend Before School Starts....

Hello dear readers and new friends.  Wanted to take a minute to share a few pictures from the garden this week.  It is still horrible hot and dry here in Indiana, heat index today was 105.  Miserable...
The days are going so fast this week.  I just cannot believe school starts a week from tomorrow.

We are pretty much ready for the big day, but still it seems like summer went way too quickly.

Maybe because it was so hot and all the time watering the garden.
 But honestly, I am ready for fall and cooler weather.
And have been thinking about redoing the house and porch in fall colors.

But lets not rush it, we still have a bit to go before it cools off.

My sedums are doing so well this year, getting ready to bloom.

The yard is crispy, but the beds look fair, better than most in this area.

I am so glad I use groundcovers, that has helped so much keeping roots cooler and the garden looking green.


Every garden workday I am still hauling out debris and cutting back perennials.  I have been seeding biennials this past month and hoping if I keep the seeded area moist they will come up to bloom next year.  I feel that is about the only thing I can do, adding several fall seed varieties so I don't have any bare areas. I have been planting a bunch of Foxgloves, Penstemons, Salvias, Sweet Williams, ect....

We truly will not know what we have lost for at least a year, maybe longer.  As I type it is thundering, so hopefully some rain!

Thanks for visiting and please consider becoming a follower.


Share Your Creations Party at Kristen's Creations
Tootsie Time's Fertilizer Friday
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage


2 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    It is a tribute to your wonderful spirit to keep your gardens looking so great in this season of drought. It will be interesting to see how things do over the winter. We finally got rain here in Central Illinois, truly praise God.
    Gaga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful! So sorry about the drought though. Especially because I live in a desert and we have had 4 weekends in a row of rain... that is totally unheard of! Flash floods and everything! I know it has been really hard on the midwest... We're all gonna pay though when the food prices go up this fall. :(

    Blessings! We're prying for rain!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!