Tuesday, August 14, 2012

GBBD - August 2012




Welcome garden friends and new followers!
*Warning this is a huge post of pictures this month!*

Here it is the middle of August already!

Time for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day and a garden report.
I am happy to say August has been a splendid month so far.
We have had some good rains and less humid says with lower temps.
The grass is greening up and the garden has new growth everywhere.
With these rains has come so many lovely blooms in the rose garden.
Believe it or not all of this was brand new last March, it is a bit over 17 months old!
This area has been where I focus most of my gardening time.
The rose garden is a dream come true for me.
I enjoy sitting in the swing in the evening and looking at the lake.
And watching the butterflies and bees float from flower to flower.
You can see this area from our deck and several rooms in the house.
So even if it is raining I can see the roses.
I am so thankful we have finally gotten some showers.
Watering with the hose is just not the same.
The moisture and the lower temps add such vibrancy to the colors.
Really bringing out the deeper hues.

In each bed there are 14-15 roses.
And about 45 when you include the ones around the fence and arbor.


This has made it easier for me to water from the roots and spray if needed having most of them in one area.
I will have a ton more rose posts with the names of the individual blooms.  But until then look on my sidebar for some of my favorites.

Thanks so much for visiting and please consider becoming a follower!

-----------------------------------------------

15 th - Garden Bloggers Bloom Day with May Dreams Gardens - Show off your flower blooms.
15 th - Garten Blogger Bluten Tag by Seepferds Garten - German version of Bloom Day
Susan's A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday
Wow us Wednesdays at Savy Southern Style
Country Homemaker Hop @ My Simple Country Living 
Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style 















6 comments :

  1. Beautiful, Brooke! And to be only 17 months old! My garden is 20 years old and doesn't look that good! Your roses are so pretty, and I like the way you have the tri-color ajuga growing underneath. I have admired that plant for years and finally bought me 3 this year. They all three died :( I was very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is so lovely, Brooke, and what a difference some rain can make!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Brooke ~ So beautiful and creative garden ~ Your very own 'Eden' ~ lovely ~ Great photography ! (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is so beautiful~I am envious! Thanks for sharing!
    Angie
    www.swededreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely!! The brightly painted purple bench color is awesome too! Your garden looks so lush and inviting, and the background shots indicate that you have a pretty private yard. You're very lucky! A little bit of rain goes a long way in a garden!

    I found you on SSS, this is what I posted http://www.househoneys.com/craft-room-makeover/. It's not a garden (although I do have a post of my garden in my blog over here http://www.househoneys.com/hosta-lovin-a-mini-garden-tour/) and I hope you can stop by. I will be following and again, a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having a bit of garden envy right now. My garden has a bad case of mid August heat exhaustion right now and is not beckoning my out there right now. Your picket fence and raised beds with the gravel path is just what I envision mine to be, hopefully next Spring. Thank you for sharing it. I am visiting from SSS and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!