Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dried Hydrangeas From My Garden

Welcome Dear Garden Friends and New Readers!
You might notice a big change in this post!  I have went to a larger canvas size for better clarity for my images.  I have always seen them like this, but I have realized some of my sharpness was not as I'd like it to be with my site.  So the pictures might take a bit longer to load, I apologize, but I hope I make up for it in content and design!  Any comments are appreciated.
Todays post is about bringing the beauty of your garden indoors.
This is the room where I spend most of my time.... This is my TV room or the Living Room.  My husband camps out in the Family room most of the time.  It has the larger TV.  My room has an older TV, but I have the view of the lake.  Fair trade to me!  Our marriage works much better with two TV's... just a suggestion for you. ;)
So this week I realized my hydrangeas were the perfect shade of green.
Just right for drying.... Almost like paper, see thru and a bit brittle.
If you cut them too early they will shrivel up and not be as pretty.
You want them to be past their prime but not all the way brown.  This one is Nikko Blue, a favorite mophead. 
And Limelight a paniculata that dries especially well for me.
So I cut them into three bunches and hung them from my kitchen chandelier for 4 days until dry. 
Then arranged them into florist foam in this simple vintage looking urn.  I really like the effect with the sages and browns.  I am already thinking about getting out the fall decor.... so this vignette will be embellished a bit more in the coming days.
Speaking of the view.... Look at this!  My grass is greening up after the past two weeks of nice rains!  This is  the view from my living room.  I never tire of our view of the lake in this amazing place to call home.

God Bless You and Thanks so much for stopping by----


Brooke Kroeger is a garden writer and photographer in Southern Indiana.  She writes about living a simple country life and growing a beautiful cottage-style garden.  Nature photography is her passion.  Roses are her muse and she delights in capturing beauty in the world to share with her readers.  Brooke's images are available for publication if requested.

Share/BookmarkSubscribe


Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home 
Transformation Thursday @ Shabby Creek Cottage 
Creative Things Thursdays @ The Vintage Farmhouse
Share Your Creations Party at Kristen's Creations
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
 Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Farmhouse Friday at Laurie Anne's Vintage Home
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence

12 comments :

  1. beautiful, brooke! your window view is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! And, your view is amazing. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Common Ground. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty. I dry mine in a few inches of water and let it evaporate. It sets the color a bit better so says Southern Living magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They ARE the perfect shade of green! How lovely they look in that display! The subtle color really brings out the texture of the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love hydrangeas so making them last a little longer would be great. They look so pretty in your room but I can't believe that amazing view out the window!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke this a gorgeous post. Oh how I wish I could grow hydrangeas here. Hugs and thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dried hydrangeas are gorgeous and a beautiful! I just adore them and would love to have some of my own! Thank you for sharing your project and beautiful vignette at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, the view is absolutely incredible! How fortunate to find a gem of a home in a setting like this!! Love the arrangement you made! The colours are perfect together, such a romantic feeling.
    And I agree, 2 TVs and 2 separate rooms are a must at certain times...his sports and my home & cooking shows.
    Saw you linking at Share Your Cup
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brooke, I would never tire of that view either! I too love to bring a bit of the garden indoors. Your Hydrangea blooms are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look lovely! Thank you for joining me at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! I so wish I'd cut some in time to dry this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sure is a view : ) Hydrangeas and your room look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!